Aerator – Prevent compaction of your artificial turf
Compaction is one of the most persistent problems of synthetic turf sports fields. So decompacting your artificial grass football pitch is the solution. That is why we developed the GKB Aerator in 2000 together with Desso Sport systems. With the slightly prying effect of the GKB Aearator, compaction of your grass is effectively solved!
Compacted or hard artificial grass pitches: what are the causes?
A compacted artificial grass pitch is unpleasant to play on and this problem must therefore be solved quickly. But how does it arise? Moss growth in combination with compaction of the infill means that moisture can no longer penetrate the soil and water remains on the field during rainfall. Not only does this annoy football players, but it’s also bad news for your turf. Aside from this, the ball will continue to roll on the hard field for longer, which deteriorates the game dynamics.
Treating a Density Sports Field: Aerator vs. Tooth Bar or Brush
Compacted artificial grass pitches are often treated with a tooth bar or brush. This only works for a short time, because it only improves the damping of the top few millimeters. However, the problem lies all the way to the underside of the fiber: space must be created below the mat. Loosening the pitch with a standard tooth bar will cause some wear: the fiber tips will split. If, on the other hand, you opt for the Aerator, this problem will not occur. Due to the slightly prying effect of the carbide teeth (instead of “scratching” the field by, for example, rapeseed tines), we do not affect the fibres.
How does the machine work?
- Connect the machine to your tractor. In which way depends on the chosen model: this can be via a towing eye, or via the three-point coupling.
- Simply drive off the field; the Aerator does not stop and follows your course.
- Gradually, the compacted artificial grass pitch is loosened.
Decompact artificial grass with the Aerator
Your complete synthetic turf system can be decompacted with an Aerator. The Aerator is equipped with tooth rollers, which are coupled to each other with a light toothing. Due to this toothing, the teeth of the roller transmit a slight prying effect. As a result, the compacted package breaks open, so that the sport-technical properties are brought back to the bottom. The field feels like new again!
Would you also like to revive your compacted fields? Contact us now and discuss your challenges with our specialists.
This is what makes our Aerator so user-friendly:
- Processing speed 10 km/h
- Follows you and don’t stop at the end of the field
- Slight prying action breaks open compacted package
The features of the Aerator
- Geared rollers coupled together
- Available in version with 4, 6 or 8 tooth rollers
- Weighting by means of water tank (smallest model) or metal plates (largest 2 models)
- Easy to couple with towing eye or three-point coupling (cat I or II)
- Optional: adjustable front and rear roller set
Would you like to know more about the possibilities of the Aerator and do you want to see it at work? Arrange a demo with our specialists now.