GKB launch new V-Collector
The BTME took place in March 2022. Of course GKB was there! During the BTME we launched a brand-new addition to our natural turf maintenance range, in the form of the V-Collector. This machine is based on the principles of our VStrong scarifier. The new V-Collector range promises effective organic matter removal and clean collection of the extracted material in a single pass.
What do you use the V-Collector for?
The V-Collector is ideal for use on golf and bowling greens, cricket wickets and other situations where collection of the removed material is desirable.
- The V-Collector is available in two working widths – 1.2m and 1.6m.
- The machine is equipped with precision-engineered steel blades, spaced at 25, 50, 75 or 100mm, for the accurate removal of thatch, surface debris and lateral growth down to depths of 40mm.
Benefits of the V-Collector
- The multi-functionality offered by the V-Collector enables the operator to complete the job swiftly – bringing benefit to plant health, whilst keeping surface and play disruption to a minimum.
- The wind paddles, fitted to GKB’s unique CombiRotor®, generate enough suction to lift the extracted material up and into the new 400L collector.
- The collector can then be hydraulically lifted and emptied easily at the push of a button.
Reaction to the new machine V-Collector
Commenting on it’s introduction, UK Operations Manager Tom Shinkins said, “We pride ourselves on listening to the end users and coming up with solutions to everyday problems. The new V-Collector will be ideal for greenkeepers, combining OM removal and debris collection in one pass to make the task more efficient and less labour intensive. The initial reaction we’ve had to the VC120 on show at BTME has been very positive and we’re very much looking forward to taking the machine out and putting it through its paces over the coming months.”